- Location: Santa Rosa BMW
- Availability: In Stock
- Year: 2017
- Manufacturer: BMW
- Model: R NINE T RACER
- New/Used: New
- Miles: 10
- Primary Color: LIGHT WHITE
- Condition: Excellent
- Title: Clean
- Stock #: B41009
- VIN: WB10J2305HZ741009
|Engine Type||Flat twin ('Boxer') 4-stroke engine, two camshafts and four radially aligned valves per cylinder, central balancer shaft|
|Bore and Stroke||101 mm x 73 mm|
|Compression Ratio||12.0 : 1|
|Fuel System||Electronic intake pipe injection|
|Transmission||Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth|
|Final Drive||Shaft drive|
|Front Suspension||Telescopic forks with 43 mm fixed-tube diameter|
|Rear Suspension||Cast aluminum single swinging arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut, spring preload steplessly adjustable by hook wrench, rebound-stage damping adjustable|
|Front Brakes||Twin-disc brakes, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston callipers|
|Rear Brakes||Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper|
|Front Tire||120/70 ZR 17|
|Rear Tire||180/55 ZR 17|
|Seat Height||805 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||4.5 gal. (17 L)|
|Dry Weight||Curb Weight: 485 lb. (220 kg)|
|Colors||Light White Uni|
Unwavering. Dynamic. Air-cooled.
The R nineT Racer lets you relive the era of legendary superbikes. Far removed from obsessive retro romanticism, but rather on a customisable bike with innovative technology and in customary BMW Motorrad quality.
Crouched behind the striking half fairing, both hands tight on the low-slung handlebar grips, you can feel the powerful boxer work, you hear its unmistakeable roar. And you already know: only a strong character can hold the racing line. On the road, as in life.
Style in the fast lane.
The design of the R nineT Racer unmistakably takes inspiration from the 70s motorsports. The elongated proportions extend through the entire design and promise pure acceleration. The distinctive half-shell fairing, the tank and the seat shape the slim silhouette. The long wheelbase and the low-slung handlebars positioned far to the front complete the low, sporty seating position. Then the high-set, far back footrests: as a rider, you literally lie on the bike. Surrounded by the white bodywork, which clearly stands out against the dark driving parts and technology. Even the tape that runs from the front to the rear in the BMW motorsport colours seems to constantly call for the next acceleration.
Powerful boxer for chasing the racing line.
The R nineT Racer's technology is just as confident and strong as its design: the drive and the vehicle electrical system have thrilled since the BMW R nineT. Being state-of-the-art, the R nineT Racer also meets the EU-4 standard. The powerful air-cooled, two-cylinder boxer engine features a capacity of 1170 ccm and 81 kW (110 bhp) of output for a highly dynamic power delivery, even at low speeds. Simply a typical boxer. Thanks to the half fairing and the low seating position, you can even enjoy continuous high speeds. The standard ABS and optional ASC ensure that you are always safe when you bring the full power on the road. In addition, the 2-in-1 exhaust in the typical café racer design shows that the technology does not have to hide, either.
You ride like you sit.
Sporty and dynamic: the R nineT Racer's handlebars are positioned low on the upper fork bridge. The moderate offset protects the wrists. The footrests, on the other hand, have made their way backwards and upwards to support the sporty seating position. In addition, the optional custom rider's seat lowers the seat height from 805 mm to 795 mm. The cushion on the rider's seat is slightly raised at the rear. This ensures perceptible relief for the back on long rides. Just like the dynamically designed half fairing – especially at speeds of over 90 km/h.
Customising with style.
The R nineT Racer takes inspiration from the motorsports of days gone by. That's why, as standard, it only has room for you – completely solo and pure. It is focused – and it shows. The retrofittable pillion frame quickly makes it into a two-seater. Just one of many possibilities to make your bike look however you want. The custom range of optional equipment available ex-works contains, among other things: two aluminium tanks, spoked wheels or even lowered suspension. You can add original BMW Motorrad accessories such as HP carbon parts or an HP sports silencer. The R nineT Racer is also optimally prepared for specially manufactured mounted parts, such as the new Machined parts. Because it loves tinkering hands just as much as the confident rev on the gas.
- Type: Air/oil-cooled flat twin ('Boxer') 4-stroke engine, two camshafts and four radially aligned valves per cylinder, central balancer shaft
- Bore x stroke: 101 mm x 73 mm
- Capacity: 1,170 cc
- Rated output: 110 hp (81 kW) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 86 lb-ft (116 Nm) at 6,000 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.0 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic intake pipe injection
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph (200 km/h)
- Fuel type: Unleaded fuel, octane number 95-98 RON (rated output at 98 RON)
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator 720 W
- Battery: 12 V / 14 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Single dry plate clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Drive: Shaft drive
- Frame: Three-section frame consisting of one front and two rear sections, load-bearing engine- gearbox unit, pillion frame mountable for pillion rider use (accessories)
- Front wheel location / suspension: Telescopic forks with 43 mm fixed-tube diameter
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminum single swinging arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut, spring preload steplessly adjustable by hook wrench, rebound-stage damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.9" / 5.5" (125 mm / 140 mm)
- Wheelbase: 1,491 mm
- Castor: 103.9 mm
- Steering head angle: 63.6°
- Wheels: Cast wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17"
- Rim, rear: 5.50 x 17"
- Tyres, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tyres, rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Twin-disc brakes, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston callipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad ABS
- Length: 2,105 mm
- Width (incl. mirrors): 920 mm
- Height (excl. mirrors): 1,105 mm
- Seat height, unladen weight: 805 mm
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 1,785 mm
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 485 lbs (220 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 948 lbs (430 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 463 lbs (210 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 4.5 gal (17 l)
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal (3.5 l)